Categories
General

Idea of Empathy and Its Values

Fiord Francisco
30 January, Monday 2017
English 121
Professor: DW
Idea of Empathy and Its Value
There are many idea’s to what writing is. Writing could be the idea of creating a reality that seems impossible, writing can also be the idea of putting one’s perspective in the forefront for people to critique. Writing could be compared to empathy in the sense of writing to create a better understand on an idea. Creating and writing from a perspective can help others better understand which formulates the idea of Empathy.
The biggest value of empathy, the bigger picture entirely is world peace. The thought that if every human being could empathize with others will mean that everyone could understand each other. Everyone would have an idea of how it feels to be in someone else’s shoes. To have an idea of why they react to certain situations the way they do. To understand and broaden one’s own perspective, to elevate the mind to see things from a different point of view.

1 reply on “Idea of Empathy and Its Values”

Hi Fiord! You’re right, there is a way in which empathy can lead to peace. I wondered if you could explain HOW this would happen by giving an example.
There are a couple of things I’d like you to work on this semester: 1) I want you to work on transitioning from sentence to sentence. Often you jump from idea to another, and I’m not sure of the connection. One easy tip is to take a key word from a sentence and repeat it in the sentence that follows. For instance: “Writing can also be the idea of putting one’s perspective in the forefront for people to critique. ONE EXAMPLE OF LOOKING AT SOMEONE ELSE’S PERSPECTIVE is using EMPATHY in WRITING….

Additionally, I’d like you to review the rules of run-on sentences. You have many run-on sentences that can easily be remedied by appropriate conjunctions and punctuation. Here’s some great info on this: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/runons.htm

I’m looking forward to hearing from you!