Categories
Uncategorized

3 ways to speak English

In “3 ways to speak English”, Lyiscott explains how she is able to use articulation in her society in order to change the way she speaks to one another. Lyiscott gives the example Because the English language is a multifaceted oration subject to indefinite transformation.” Which means that the English language can be spoken in many ways. She believes in being able to transform your words and not having to follow the rules depending on the place or person. Depending on the setting she is in or person she is talking to she is able to convert her dialects to whatever accent that best suits for others understanding. For example she states, “when my father asks, “Wha’ kinda ting is dis?” My “articulate” answer never goes amiss, I say “father, this is the impending problem at hand.” Which means that even though her father is speaking broken English, she is able to use articulation to show how she can speak fluently and still have the other person understand. Her background and where she comes from plays a big role on how she is able to adapt to her surroundings. If she is talking to her dad, in a classroom setting, or going in for an interview she will be able to speak with great articulation. 

1 reply on “3 ways to speak English”

You’re following the MEAL strategy effectively here. Just be careful of your which sentences. WHICH clauses are dependent. This means it should be connected to an independent clause or it becomes a fragment. I also could have used a bit more explanation on how articulation is connected to the English language being multifaceted. I wondered if there was one more sentence of analysis necessary to make the significance of the example clearer.